Why is my strategy not sending alerts for the desired matches?
There are several possible causes for alerts not coming your way, and this is most often due to misconfiguration.
To find the root cause, we'll need to follow a methodical approach. Navigate to the history page of your Strategy and answer the following question:Are new picked matches being added to your strategy history?
If YES, this means that your strategy is working correctly, but the alert delivery is misconfigured. Please check:
- Your strategy has alerts enabled (You haven't muted it)
- You have alerts enabled in your account Settings (check here)
- Your Telegram account is properly connected to your account (check here)
- You have not blocked, muted, or kicked our Bot in Telegram
- You have not flagged our email as spam
- Your strategy is enabled
- Your league filter is correctly configured to allow the desired leagues
- Your strategy rules are valid and not too specific in a way that very few matches would meet the criteria (e.g. requiring an exact odds value of 1.65 at exactly 45', matches that are slightly off would be skipped. Try setting a range of acceptable values instead)
If the problem persists please get in touch with us directly and let us know the name or link of strategy that you're having issues with so we can help you review it for any possible issues.
Why have my strategies disappeared?
We never delete strategies or other data from active accounts or without prior notice.
It's possible you've signed into a different InPlayGuru account associated with another one of your email addresses.
How to include several possible score lines in the same strategy?
To effectively include several possible score lines in your strategy, focus on defining the acceptable range of goals for each team. This approach allows you to cover multiple outcomes with a single set of criteria.
Consider an example where you're interested in matches with any of these scores: 1-0, 0-1, 2-0, 0-2, 3-0, or 0-3. This implies looking for games where:
- One team does not score at all (0 goals).
- Their opponent scores a minimum of 1 goal and a maximum of 3 goals.
Therefore, your strategy rule configuration should be set as follows, with three separate rules:
- Goals scored by either team = 0
- Goals scored by either team's opponent ≥ 1
- Goals scored by either team's opponent ≤ 3
Alerts & Telegram
How to send my alerts to a Telegram Channel?
TO START WITH TELEGRAM ALERTS, CLICK HERE. THE STEPS IN THIS GUIDE ARE ONLY REQUIRED TO SHARE YOUR ALERTS WITH OTHERS!
To start sending alerts to a Telegram channel instead of a group or private messages do the following:
Step 1: Link your personal Telegram account by following the steps at https://inplayguru.com/account#telegram
Step 2: Add @InplayGuruBot as an administrator of your channel
Step 3: Send the /start message in your channel
What's the source of your data and odds?
Our data is sourced from one of the major football data providers and is updated in near real-time. The entire process, from field action to alert notification, is exceptionally fast, typically taking under 10 seconds. The odds shown on our website for reference are also closely aligned with those shown by major bookmakers.
Why are some or all matches/leagues missing from the scanner?
The two main factors which could cause certain (or ALL) matches to be absent are:
- You have set a League Filter selection which is inadvertently excluding those matches. Please check your global league filter selection.
- You have set Column Quick Filters in the in-play scanner which are filtering those matches out of view. Review or reset your applied scanner filters.
If you've reviewed the cases above and the problem persists, please contact us.
Why do your stats differ from other platforms I checked?
The reason websites report differing numbers for some stats lies in the subjective nature of their analysis, as criteria vary among sources. For instance, opinions differ on whether a shot hitting the post should be considered on or off target, leading to inconsistencies when comparing data from other websites.
Additional factors include some temporal delays or discrepancies, network delays, and occasionally human or machine mistakes when capturing the data from the field, although these are very rare.
To maintain consistency in data analysis, it is advisable to choose one data provider and stick with their metrics.
Why is momentum data unavailable for some matches?
Momentum data may be unavailable for certain matches, particularly in smaller leagues, due to limited coverage that does not include possession data. Our momentum index calculation relies on this data, making it impossible to provide for these matches.
Can there be errors in the live football statistics?
We source live football stats from a trusted third-party data provider, known for their reliability and accuracy in the sports data industry. However, like any system dependent on real-time data, there are occasions when discrepancies or minor errors might occur. This is due to the inherent complexities of live data collection and processing.
Can I report errors in the statistics?
While we understand the importance of accurate data, we rely entirely on the information provided by our third-party data provider. Due to this, reporting discrepancies in the live statistics is not actionable on our end.
How can I change/reset my password?
If you forgot your password or would like to reset it please make sure you are logged out of your account and then follow the steps on the following link: https://inplayguru.com/password/reset
Subscriptions & Payments
Do you offer a free trial?
While we don't offer a free trial period with unlimited access, we do offer a free plan where you can explore the platform and take advantage of our main features with no costs or time limit.
What are the limits of your Free plan?
Our free plan gives you access to our in-play scanner and strategy features, however the following limits apply:
- Around 50% of live matches are locked in the scanner
- You can only run up to 5 strategies
- You can only get up to 5 alerts per day
- You can't setup a Telegram channel for your alerts
- You can't export spreadsheet files
Which payment methods do you support?
When purchasing your InPlayGuru subscription through Paddle, the following payment methods are accepted:
- Cards (including Mastercard, Visa, Maestro, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, JCB, UnionPay, and Mada)
- Google Pay (via Chrome only)
- Apple Pay (via Safari only)
- Wire Transfers (ACH/SEPA/BACS)*
Why hasn't my subscription been activated after payment?
Subscriptions are automatically activated after payment, usually within 5 minutes but it may take up to 1 hour. Please check that you are logged in to the right account (the same email address where you received the receipt). If your subscription isn't automatically activated please contact us and provide the Receipt # that you will receive on the email address that's associated with your InPlayGuru account.
What if my question isn't covered here?
We've streamlined our FAQ to focus on the most common inquiries. If your question isn't addressed in our FAQ, we recommend reading our User Guide for more comprehensive information. It is designed to cover a wider range of topics and details.
However, if you still can't find the answer you're looking for, please don't hesitate to contact us. You can find our contact details in the footer of this page. We're always here to assist you!