How It Works
Our strategy system operates on a foundation of flexibility and power. It elevates your football analysis to a level unparalleled by other platforms, empowering you to craft specific strategies that are uniquely yours. Let's understand why.
At its core, a strategy in InPlayGuru is a list of rules, each representing a specific match criterion. Importantly, these rules don't follow a defined sequence.
A strategy is activated when (and only when) a match simultaneously meets all the criteria outlined in the strategy's rules.
Let's say you want a single strategy to emit alerts for matches with 2, 3, or 4 goals, among other criteria. You might think it's unfeasible since there seems to be no 'OR' function, just 'AND'. However, this perspective changes when you realize the same criteria can be set as a range: 'Goals ≥ 2 AND Goals ≤ 4'
On the other hand, if you're looking to be notified about matches that have, as part of their qualifying conditions, exactly 2 goals OR exactly 4 goals, in this case it's necessary to establish two distinct strategies. This is because these specific goal counts cannot be represented as a continuous range. You should set up separate strategies for each of these two scenarios. This approach offers additional advantages: it allows you to fine-tune and monitor the success of each strategy variation individually, providing more control and insight into their effectiveness.
In the philosophy of our rule system, we embrace a methodology akin to solving a system of inequalities. This might sound like math class, but don't be alarmed! Our system takes care of the heavy number-crunching, leaving you with a straightforward experience.
The internal workings of our strategy function are methodical and precise. Here's a step-by-step breakdown of the process:
- Data Retrieval: The system first identifies and retrieves the data points relevant to the rules of your strategy from each ongoing match.
- Comparator Application: Once the value is obtained, the system compares this real-time match value with the target value set in your strategy rule.
- Evaluation of Other Rules: If this rule is fulfilled by this match, the system evaluates the remaining strategy rules in the same fashion.
- Match Selection: When all rules are met simultaneously, the match is "Picked" and recorded in the strategy's history for later review.
- Alert Delivery: If requested by the user, we promptly dispatch a pick alert in your preferred format, either via Telegram or as a desktop notification
The two types of strategies
We categorize strategies into two distinct categories: In-Play and Pre-Match. They serve distinct but complimentary purposes in the realm of football analysis.
Pre-Match strategies can emit alerts several hours before the game begins, because they focus solely on anticipatory data like team form, historical performance, league standings and odds. They provide insights based on static, pre-game information.
In-play strategies, in contrast, are dynamic, triggering picks and alerts as a result of real-time events and statistics as the game unfolds. These include live updates on goals, possession, cards, live odds, and other in-match occurrences. Pre-match conditions can be added to in-play strategies as they help in formulating initial expectations, but in-play data is required to adapt to the game's progress, offering immediate, actionable insights as the situation on the pitch changes.